Saturday, December 7, 2013

Road Signs -- some unique, some just funny

Tim's great at capturing all kinds of signs with his camera.
During our trip to Nepal, he had the front passenger seat (unanimously given to him by me and by Hannah!).
And when Tim and I were travelling around the UAE, I drove (because I have the UAE driving license, and, he's a good navigator) and Tim was again in the front passenger seat.
That position gives him some great opportunities for photos. That, and his really good camera lenses.

Nepal ... some unique, some funny ...





Some familiar (maybe not as polished as what we see in the U.S., but familiar nonetheless) ...


And in the UAE ...

Warning that you are passing through a Wadi (river bed):

Camels might wander out aimlessly onto the road ... (they really do!) ...

Self explanatory ... yet, not sure how the tires would actually cross like that, but perhaps that's the exaggerated point?!

After Tim sees this post, he might have others to suggest, because he has quite the collection going and I have a feeling I've missed some! (I should have had him review this while we were both in D.C., but nope, thought about that a little too late!  Now he's in the air, on his way back to California, and I'm posting this from the Dulles Airport in Washington DC, waiting for my flight back to Abu Dhabi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment