Monday, December 16, 2013

Turquoise waters of Abu Dhabi ... and an upgrade to First Class

A brief detour from our tales of visiting Nepal ... I'll return to that straight away ...

Typical flight times out of Abu Dhabi are 2 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Depending on where you are going.

My flight to D.C. in December was a 10 a.m. flight and the weather was gorgeous and clear.  And we took over the water (instead of inland) ... which gives you a view of the stunning waters off of Abu Dhabi, and a view of the city itself (cluster of buildings toward about a third of the way up), which is fun to see from the air.




As I mentioned on Facebook, I had upgraded to business class with miles. And I was totally taken by surprise when I was upgraded to first class on my DC to Abu Dhabi return flight. They had overbooked business class, and I was fortunate to be upgraded further.

First class involves little private cabins.
And lots of leg room.
And a chef that is part of the first class crew, and no other cabin.
A kick to experience it.






Sunset on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment