Friday, January 3, 2014

Polo at the Palace

It's January 2014, and I'm home ... yay!
But yet, I still have many photos and several stories to tell about Abu Dhabi, and about our trip to Jordan.

So ...

In November, friend Hannah Davies and I went to "Polo at the Palace".

I had not been to a polo match before.
From what I understand, Emirates Palace developed this portion of their property specifically for hosting polo matches.

The tradition of divot stomping ...



I liked that the players and horses are so close ...




It seems a pretty straight-forward game. And the horses are impressive -- quick, agile, responsive to the riders.

You could order drinks (alcohol and non-alcohol alike), as well as snacks.


The weather was cool. There was a chance of rain, but stayed away. While the rain stayed away, it provided a really nice display before the sun set.


'Twas a lovely way to spend the afternoon :-)
Emirates Palace:




No comments:

Post a Comment