Friday, February 1, 2013

All that glitters is gold ... the Emirates Palace

As promised, I am checking things off my list here in Abu Dhabi.

Last weekend I visited the Emirates Palace.  (It was a week of long days at work, so just now having the chance to write this post.)

For those of you playing our game of 'where has Kate visited' and are becoming experts navigators of Google maps, the Emirates Palace is at the end of the Corniche, not far from the Marina Mall.  It's worth looking at the Emirates Palace website.

I only saw a portion of this 5-star hotel. The guests rooms are reportedly superb. They have their own beach, yacht moorings, theatre, beautiful grounds, several restaurants, and shops.

Here is a view out the window out to a bay and beyond that the Arabian Gulf (have to be a guest to enjoy the grounds and private beach). 



The color theme throughout the Emirates Palace is gold. Whether the etchings on the elevator doors or the mosaics on the walls. 

Now my apologies. On my computer as saved images, they are the vertical image they should be. If someone can let me know how to be vertical on a blog post, please share! For now, tilt your head to the left :-) Or a computer screen to the right. (Easier today with a laptop than a desktop of course!)




Marble floors with intricate designs.



A ceiling area near the hotel registration area.


Cannot seem to load more photos ... I will do a part 2 for the Emirates Palace.


1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful place and a GOLD place! HA! Checked out Wikipedia and the "facts" list was very interesting. If I remember right they said they use 8kg of edible gold on the desserts. Wow, now that is a dessert.

    ReplyDelete