Saturday, February 9, 2013

Visit from Tim

Happy happy happy :-)

Tim is here for his first visit to Abu Dhabi.
He arrived Thursday night (7th February) and is here for 10 days.

I mentioned in a previous post that he had recently been to Haiti, volunteering to help build a school ... as you have read my posts and viewed my photos, I am certain you can imagine the contrasts between the two countries ... to have visited a place (Haiti) with such need, and now visit a place with such wealth, in less than one month's time, must dizzy the mind.

Tim and I talked about how it's a bit on the side of surreal that I am showing him around a place I am familiar with and he is not.  And for him to now be suddenly 8437 miles from home.

For 25 years we've shared where we have lived as well as traveled together to other places. Now we are not sharing that for 15 months. So while it's absolutely fun and fabulous to show him places I've talked about, blogged about, and come to know ... for us it's simultaneously odd, for lack of another word, for one of us to be showing the other around.

It's a gorgeous time of year here, and I am happy he gets to experience Abu Dhabi without sweltering. The number of people that continue to tell me about the summer months, especially July and August, borders on amusing ... if you didn't realize the truth behind it. So I continue to get myself outdoors as much as possible now, knowing that in a few months I will be content to stay inside with AC and Netflix and books! (I will have to get creative about what I post during those months ... otherwise I will bore you to tears if all I can talk about is the heat and give you reviews of what I've read or watched!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment