Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Enjoying Epcot

Okay, whiplash time.

Now I take you back once more (but only once more I promise) to Orlando.

I added on a couple of vacation days to my NASPA conference trip, and Tim met me there.  Had a minor adventure getting to Orlando, as my flight from Dubai to JFK was delayed an hour ... and between customs and changing terminals, let's just say they were re-booking a large number of people from that flight.

I had not flown on an Airbus 380 before.  It's a big sucker.
I had the genuine joy of flying business class, which makes such a long flight (14 hours) much easier to survive.  And the Airbus has a little lounge, where you can stand or sit, and have a variety of drinks and snacks.  Nice to have the variety.

One of our free days, Tim and I decided to check out Epcot.  Figured we didn't need to see the duplicate of Disneyland, and wanted something unique instead.

I asked Tim to take a couple of photos with me in them. (If you know Tim, you know that people photos are not what he does, unless it's for scale!)  What I had not packed for was cool weather, so picked up a Walt Disneyworld souvenir jacket!  Another iconic building, this time in the U.S.:


Should have kept a copy of the Epcot map, because I don't remember which country is in the background here ... am sure someone reading this can remind me!

Visiting the different settings / "countries" in Epcot is fun. They theme all of the places well.  And beyond the settings and the spring flowers, we also noticed that you could -- with great variety -- eat, shop and drink your way around the world at Epcot!  What would you call that? Global sampling? 

1 comment:

  1. Well most people would not enjoy a whiplash! But My eyes did not seem to mind. :-) glad you got to spend time with Tim and spend time as tourist in several places.

    Have not been to Epcot, global sampling I'm sure! Keep up the good blogging. Enjoy reading them and seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete