Tuesday, April 2, 2013

They always make me smile

Hi again!

March seems like a blur.  Between traveling to the States and being at a conference and then the joy of jet lag after coming back to the UAE ... and then work threw me a curve ball (which I will discuss a bit more, soon) ...

Well hopefully I can post much more in April than I did in March.

Of course, it's jumped up on the thermostat here (supposed to 105 degrees on Saturday!), so I will have to figure out what the heck to share once it becomes unbearable to be outside this summer.

Anyway.  Last weekend I decided to drive up to the Dubai area to visit Global Village.  (More on that soon, too.)

On the way up, saw this:


I have mentioned before the transport of camels.  Still wish I had my camera when driving back a small-size Toyota with a brown camel lying down and strapped down, looking content as can be.  And the Toyota lilting down on the right side, where the bulk of this creature's weight was bearing.

Here are a couple more photos as I got closer.  (Had to time it while there wasn't other traffic.)



Not a care in the world!

Side note: you see the caution tape on the back of the truck. Most trucks of this size, and many personal trucks (as in pick-up trucks) have this on them.  Don't see it on the really nice pick up trucks ... not sure if it's required or precautionary.  Maybe it's reflective at night and I haven't noticed. And of course I've noticed it, so maybe it does serve a good purpose.  Dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment