Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Seaplane ride over Dubai ... part 2 ... a view of the World

I feel I should apologize for the haze and the glare in these shots. Not that I have an ounce of control over that. It's just that I wish I could better relay the sites! But pretty darn cool nonetheless!

After taking off and heading toward the Gulf (fairly west/northwest in direction), we made a slight turn to the left, and headed over to the man-made islands that make up the World.



From our view, we were so close that you couldn't really see all of the islands at once and get a grasp of the make-up of the World configuration.

I encourage you to go to Googlemaps, type in "Dubai", and you can see the satellite view of this. Worth a few minutes of your time.  And if you zoom in a bit, it tells you what some countries of the islands represent.






We actually swung around the Burj Khalifa and then back over the World, but I am going to group the World photos together here.

What I didn't realize, is that only two of the World islands have houses on them. Guess I had just assumed that more were occupied. 





I see these empty islands / pieces of the World, and shake my head in wonder, as I imagine what it takes to get all of the building materials out there, when creating an estate.
Oh, and of the two islands that are occupied/developed, that would be one house on one island each. Big house. Big estate. I guess if you can afford your own island off of Dubai, you can afford to build it up!

Whoever lives on this island, must commute by boat. Or helicopter. Or both ... as there is a dock and a helipad.

Next: tallest building in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment