Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Seaplane ride over Dubai ... part 4 ... Burj Al Arab

It wouldn't be a complete seaplane tour over Dubai without circling around the Burj Al Arab. I'd say this is the most iconic of all of the Dubai buildings. 

It is quite beautiful. Sitting out off the beach, extended out onto the water, designed like the sail of a ship.  Looking up their rates online, rooms run between $2000 and $4000 a night. (Hey, it comes with many amenities, including butler service!)  It claims to be "the world's most luxurious hotel". Here's their website: https://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/dubai/burj-al-arab/

Not a place to show up and visit in flip flops or jeans!



Oh, to get these photos and videos on a crystal clear day would be a photographer's dream! But as I mentioned in another post, still pretty darn cool to see in person, and from this angle.  This video is very quick and a little sloppy ... more turbulence ... we would hit bumps and I would need to put the camera down, have my right hand grip the head rest in front of me, and Tim's leg to the left of me. I asked him if I left any bruises (it got bumpy I tell you!); fortunately not!




And then off shore, near the Burj Al Arab, sailboats that look itty bitty from the air.



Along the UAE coast, especially parallel to city beach fronts, are breakwaters. While the water is somewhat calm from what I can see, lessons learned are that storms can push water in and undo the development of some beach fronts. 



In this one you can see an opening for boats.  Here is one that is near one of the Palm islands:

And a closer look:

Next ... the Palm islands!

No comments:

Post a Comment