Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ah, but who's counting?

Not to interrupt the flow of posts about our trip to Nepal, but coming home to California is on my mind, as it's not too far away.

Everyone I know is remarking on how time flies, and how surprised they are that it's already November 17th. Even my taxi driver yesterday remarked that it was already November 16th and how fast time flies.

I have some vacation time to burn before I complete my 15-month contract on December 31st. Tim is coming out for the last two weeks, and we'll venture to the large dunes of Liwa (in time to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary), and to the country of Jordan (in time for Christmas at Petra).

Between a week in D.C. at the beginning of December for a professional organization Board meeting, and using up some vacation time later in the month -- after today I have a whopping 16 working days left. And just a total of 44 calendar days, before flying home for good.

(And "yay!" that we get to fly home business class!!)

This has been a great experience, and there are colleagues and as well as new friends whom I will genuinely miss, but Tim and I both agree, "it's time". Time to be back home in California.

For now, I focus on each day and what new adventures present themselves :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment