Friday, October 5, 2012

A sun scorched land

As friends and family are aware, I accepted a fifteen-month contract to work in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.  The contract began on October 1st, 2012 and goes through December 31, 2013. One of the easier ways for me to stay in touch, and to give requested updates is through this blog. 

I will back up in a moment about how this adventure even started. But first I feel I should explain why I picked this title for the blog (besides the obvious factor that it's desert and gets mighty hot here a good portion of the year).

On my desk at Orange Coast College I had a daily calendar. Some days shared an inspirational quote from a woman, other days had Bible verses.  Turns out that on the day I received my contract from the Institute of Applied Technology in Abu Dhabi, UAE, the following  Bible passage from Isaiah 58:11 was on that calendar:

"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land ... You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."

Certainly seemed like yet another sign from God that going to Abu Dhabi was meant to be.

 

1 comment:

  1. It is good to hear that things are "so far so good." I got goosebumps reading about the bible verse on the day you received your contract. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete