Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Playing with dolls

As a gift, when I was home in California over Christmas, I received a doll. 

Curious? It's a Dammit Doll.

Thank you Ramona and Efren!

It's a sturdy stuffed doll, with this stitched to its chest:
Don’t Get Mad, Get A Dammit Doll

The idea is to whack the dickens out of something (not someone!) when you are frustrated, as you can't hurt the doll.  If you cannot read the tiny photo:
"Whenever things don't go so well, and you want to hit the wall and yell, here's a little dammit doll, that you can't do without. Just grasp it firmly by the leg and find a place to slam it. And as you whack the stuffing out yell 'dammit! dammit! dammit!' " (looks like it's available on www.dammitdolls.com and Amazon and other sites)

I brought it back to Abu Dhabi with me, and I took it into work ... a) for show and tell, b) to possibly use, and c) for a reminder of friends at home.  Two of my staff are working on a beast of a report (we've lost count of the hours and hours both of them have put into this thing), and today the deadline was moved up drastically.  So I tucked this under my arm (I didn't need to go walking by Security and other staff and have them wonder why I had was carrying something that is obviously a doll, and at first glance you might think is some sort of voodoo doll!) and handed it over to the team working on the report.

I may never get the doll back :-0

They also send their thanks to Ramona and Efren.  Perhaps I should buy stock in this, because I understand they are all ordering dammit dolls of their own.

1 comment:

  1. I'm playing catch up with reading your blog.

    I found the title and story of this funny. Thanks for the pictures. I could just see all you discribed happening and got a chuckle out of it.

    ReplyDelete